[OSM-dev] Restrict key names on order to retain reusability of OSM

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:25:01 GMT 2008

In the model I showed and I would use for such purposes a sample query would
look like this:

# select * from building'; -- was: where type='shop'
# select * from streets: -- where street type value can be anything

Where buildings get a building (= table = keyname) point symbol/style and
streets (= table = keyname) get a street line map symbol/style.

How would you do it in OSM better than with unicolored node and a line
symbols?

- S.