[OSM-dev] Data checks?

Jason Reid osm at bowvalleytechnologies.com
Sat Feb 16 06:36:01 GMT 2008

Tom Enterline (OSM) wrote:
> What has already been done on data checks, and is anyone else working on
> it? What would be some good ideas to start with, and goals to work toward?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom E.

I've coded a script to parse planet and return a list of all the
excessively long ways (data is available from
http://openstreetmap.ca/statistics/) which I am currently manually
correcting (in this case the excessively large is defined as more then
500 nodes). Kleptog has the coastline error checker which has been
extremely helpful as well, and I believe has been used to fix the little
coast errors that the checker turns up in some areas.

-Jason Reid