[OSM-dev] Slippy map - clickable POI

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:40:15 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I've been trying to work on using OSM in cool/new ways, but only been able
to dip into it now and then due to other commitments.

I've created an openlayers slippy map here (the tiles are via kosmos):
http://www.livingwithdragons.com/maps/slippytest.php

And if you click on any of the pub symbols, you get a pop up (well text
displaying at the side on the page would be nicer, but I rekon I can figure
that out).
Thing is if you look at the code(line 70+) you'll see I'm manually entering
in the lat/lon box where each symbol appears. Not ideal, especially when the
POI are in the map data.

Is there already an existing easy way to do what I'm attempting?
It probably helps that:
-I expect only to be rendering the map on command
-To render it I use JOSM and create a durham.osm file of the area, so not
the whole planet.

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com