[OSM-dev] Osmosis broken

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:31:04 GMT 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 5:18 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:

> In message <8fcd02310802240451vfad2a5eu3fa6a737aeaf34db at mail.gmail.com>
>           80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The Osmosis hourly and minute dumps stopped working at about 4pm
> yesterday.
> > Can someone take a look?
>
> That'll be when I updated the database to schema version 11 for Steve's
> changes. Unfortunately that breaks Osmosis... I think Brett's away at the
> moment, so this might not be very easy to fix.
>
> Tom

Actually, I think it's not too bad to fix. I don't think Osmosis cares about
user preferences (assuming that was the major change), so all you have to do
is bump the expected schema version to 11. It's in
Osmosis/src/com/bretth/osmosis/core/mysql/v0_5/MySqlVersionConstants.java Of
course, then you'd have to recompile and deploy the new version.

Alternately, you could temporarily modify the command line to add the option
validateSchemaVersion=no to the database read task. It might be nice to be
able to override the expected schema version with a command line argument,
but that's not in there right now.

Karl