[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Trouble in Rangoon

Jason Reid osm at bowvalleytechnologies.com
Fri Feb 29 00:23:27 GMT 2008

Jason Reid wrote:
> Andy Robinson (blackadder) wrote:
>
>> Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>>

>>> *snip*
>>>
>> Indeed, though to help the original user out perhaps we can have a concerted
>> effort to get any deleted data returned. needs someone with a bit of time to
>> investigate properly. Have therefore copied to dev.
>>
>> Thread is at
>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2008-February/thread.html#2372
>> 1
>>
>> As for improving the problem overall, I think perhaps a bounty is needed?
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Andy

> I've got an extract of 3 planets (Feb 13, Jan 23 and Jan 2) running for
> a relatively large area around that posted map link to see where the
> data went, etc. I'll post an update once the extracts are done (they are
> running on a fairly powerful box, but its still going to take a bit)

The January 02, 2008 extract from planet, for a bbox of top=17
right=96.5 bottom=16.5 left=95.5 (the area around the link specified in
the original email) is now posted at http://www.openstreetmap.ca/rangoon/

The January 23rd extract is just about done and will show up in that
directory probably in the next hour or so. From what I can see though
the state that the map is in currently is the same now as it was on Jan
2, so I may also run an extract from further back.

--
 Jason Reid

 Social Sciences 555
 Phone: 220-7903