[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Trouble in Rangoon

Martijn van Exel mvexel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 15:34:52 GMT 2008

> Hi,
>
>> I share your concern and hesitation. I wouldn't like OSM to turn
>> into a project management job for me. That is what it would turn
>> out to be when I need to monitor milestones, deadlines,
>> deliverables and such. I guess I wouldn't be able to find anyone
>> that I could defer this responsibility to either ;).
>
> I see you see the point ;-)
>
>> Here's what I will do. I will propose the hack-a-thon idea to NLNet
>> and stress that we will definitely set realistic targets/goals for
>> the event, but it will, by it's very nature, be a 'best effort'
>> attempt. Let's wait and see what comes back.
>>
>> Would you be interested to help me set it up when the preconditions
>> are right?
>
> I'd definitely give it a "best effort" attempt ;-)

Good :) Tonight, I get together with the other OSM-NL guys that helped
write up the original proposal. I will discuss the hack-a-thon idea
with them. After that I'll be in touch with NLNet. I hope to have some
answers early next week. If it turns out good, then we can start to
shape the plan further (people, goal, location,...)

Thanks,
--
martijn van exel -+- mvexel at gmail.com -+- http://www.schaaltreinen.nl/