[OSM-dev] RFC 3834 compliance of auto-generated OSM mails?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Jan 5 20:06:58 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Unfortunately the OSM confirmation mail is not easily recognizable as an
> auto-generated mail. RFC 3834, section 5 defines a header, named
> 'Auto-Submitted' where you can tag if a mail is auto-generated or not.
> Adding it to a mailscript is rather trivial and it would make a lot of
> sysadmins (incl. me) a bit happier :-)
>
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3834.txt

This probably just hasn't been done because nobody thought of it. The
source code for the web page is available at
svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port (yes, it's RoR). If you'd
submit a patch for the relevant parts (and while you're at it, fix
anything else E-Mail related that seems odd to you), I'm sure this
would be most welcome.

Bye
Frederik