[OSM-dev] osmxapi: Some queries return wrong (outdated?) data subsets ?!?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 10 03:01:15 BST 2008

Hi!

I did some queries using the osmxapi which is usually working fine.

Howewer, with some queries the returned data in data.osm is not as I would
expect it - for example the returned data doesn't contain the requested
stuff at all, but some other data!

For example, I would read the query:

http://osmxapi.hypercube.telascience.org/api/0.5/way[amenity=wastewater_plant]

as: "Give me all ways (and the corresponding nodes), with the key amenity
and the value wastewater_plant.

But it returns *no* amenity, but a single way (well, area with
id='23063596') with man_made=wastewater_plant and the corresponding nodes.

When I'm doing a download in JOSM, I get the same data, so the OSM database
seems consistent - only the returned set of data from osmxapi is not exactly
what was asked for!

I've changed this way some days ago from amenity to man_made, so maybe the
update mechanism of osmxapi of this way somehow went wrong?

This behaviour is "stable" and doesn't seem to disappear over the last
couple of days. I've seen this problem at some other queries as well, e.g. a
query that returned only a set of completely untagged nodes. AFAIK there is
no relation involved here.

Any ideas what went wrong here and what to do against it? Or do I simply
missunderstand something here?

Regards, ULFL

P.S: I've tried with both Firefox and wget, so this shouldn't be a browser
cache issue or alike!