[OSM-dev] "Map Features" in XML?

Knut Arne Bjørndal bob+osm at cakebox.net
Tue Jul 22 11:28:34 BST 2008

"Chris Browet" <cbro at semperpax.com> writes:
> In the future, I plan to implement a "wizard mode" for tagging in Merkaartor,
> as I think that the openness of tagging might be frightening for newbies.
> This wizard would be dynamic based upon the "recommended" tagging practises in
> the "Map Features" wiki pages.
>
> Therefore, I would need an XML representation of the page (although I actually
> think the XML should be the base and the wiki page created from it).
>
> Do you know if such an XML file exists somewwhere?

I hardly think migrating Map Features to have the master copy as an
XML file will help getting people to maintain it.

The not-in-map_features test for maplint parses the wiki page and
builds an xslt maplint test based on it. It shouldn't be hard to
rewrite it to output some other XML format.

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/utils/maplint/tests/strict/not-in-map_features.pl

--
Knut Arne Bjørndal
aka Bob Kåre