[OSM-dev] Bugged GPX parser?

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Thu Jul 24 11:36:05 BST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:21:17 +0100, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemeD.net> wrote:
> DO NOT EDIT YOUR GPX TRACKS BEFORE UPLOADING. EVER.

Sorry but that is phrased wrong.
I edit all my GPX-tracks by automatically removing all nodes
where I had a bad reception.
Else inside cities I would not only upload the good roads but also
point-clouds hundrets of meters wide after tunnels and at the
start of a track. They would make editing of all other ways in
a radius of a few hundret meters of such locations next to impossible
after a while.

So yes, you should never move points around because the points are exact
but out map may not be.
However that does not mean that you should not edit your gpx-tracks at all
and e.g. cut out areas where we already have more points then we will ever need
as well as bad parts.

Marcus