[OSM-dev] Mapnik style updates: highway=road

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Jun 9 12:12:15 BST 2008

The highway=road tag was approved last week and Osmarender has been
rendering it for a few days now.

I have created a patch for the Mapnik styles:
   http://www.nexusuk.org/~mapnik/highway-road3.patch

You can see an example rendering here:
   http://www.nexusuk.org/~mapnik/image.png
(The road which runs down the East side of the river and the North side of
the motorway is tagged as highway=road).

I'm not sure what the procedure is for applying patches to the
Mapnik styles - if everyone is happy with it, I can commit the changes to
SVN myself; or if preferred, can someone apply the above patch?

Thanks.

  - Steve