[OSM-dev] Fwd: Re: Data Consistency Checks

Harald Kleiner e9625163 at gmx.at
Mon Jun 9 20:59:54 BST 2008

[forgot to reply to the list, original send time Sun, 08 Jun 2008 23:00:36 +0200, sorry!]

Hi Joerg, thank you for your response!

> If there would be any possibility to combine this with the JOSM validator
> plugin or as standalone plugin or even as overlay map like the maplint
> layer
> a huge step in Quality Assurance had been done.

Combining this with existing work is definitely useful. I think transferring information about errors to the server-database could be useful if we want to direct people to buggy areas that don't use JOSM...

> If your way to check the data is faster than the maplint version, you
> could
> maybe adopt the maplint checks as well.

as far as I can see, maplint-checks chould be easily done in SQL.
Unfortunately the almost-junctions-check is rather expensive. It takes my 2GB-RAM-machine 7 minutes to run this check on the Austrian database. Running it on whole Europe fails with out of memory...

Harald