[OSM-dev] Internet explorer 8 mess..

Ray Booysen ray at raybooysen.com
Thu Mar 6 21:09:34 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Raphaël Jacquot <sxpert at sxpert.org> wrote:

> Milo van der Linden wrote:
>
> > It turned out that openlayers and Google Maps are far from correctly
> > implemented in IE8. Only when you select "Emulate IE 7" things turn back
> > to normal (I feel a discussion comming up whether IE is normal at all)
>
> I suspect the bug may be in openlayers checking for any IE and "breaking
> things in a non standard way" so that it displays correctly in IE7.
> IE8 is supposed to start in the standards compliant mode

Pretty much what I was thinking.  I've been watching the IE team recently
and IE8 is going to be a big step forward standards wise.  A ton of
testcases have been submitted to W3C and I'm actually looking forward to
it.  Considering how bad Firefox 2 was and how good Firefox 3 is, any
competition in the market will be great.