[OSM-dev] Mapnik Q: enhance resolution?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Mar 9 09:06:15 GMT 2008

Hi,

    I have Mapnik set up and it's generating the image I want fine.
However, I would now like to double the resolution without any change in
the image, i.e. I want the bitmap to look exactly the same in print,
just with smoother fonts etc.

Is there a way to achieve this without changing every single road width
and font size and so on in the map file? My first attempt did yield a
bitmap with the same geographical area and double resolution as desired,
but since all the roads and font sizes stayed constant in terms of
number of pixels, everything was much thinner now and didn't look good.

Is there some sort of global scaling factor or so?

Thanks
Frederik