[OSM-dev] Mapnik Q: enhance resolution?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Mar 9 09:31:24 GMT 2008

In message <47D3A887.7090700 at remote.org>
          Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

>     I have Mapnik set up and it's generating the image I want fine.
> However, I would now like to double the resolution without any change in
> the image, i.e. I want the bitmap to look exactly the same in print,
> just with smoother fonts etc.

Why not use the cairo backend instead of the agg backend. Then you
can render to SVG or PDF and scale it to whatever size you like and
get a smooth result.

The only problem will be icons (pubs, churchs, etc) which are bitmap
sources and hence will get blocky if you scale them too much.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/