[OSM-dev] Smartphone based map editing

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Mar 9 22:00:37 GMT 2008

Hello Jason,

Rob (rob at coolbegin.com) has developed OSMTracker en OSME (OSM editor)
for Compact Framework 2.0 and Mobile device. I recently recieved source
code from him.

You can read the details on these projects on

    * http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSMtracker
    * http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/MOSME

I am currently looking into Rob's source code and am mainly focusing on
issues with:

    * display orientation change that I am having on my MDA Vario, this
      device can be snapped open to have a keyboard unfold and then
      display changes from portrait to landscape
    * Integration of the SharpGPS gps-library (www.codeplex.com\sharpgps)

And meanwhile I am looking into porting SharpMap
(www.codeplex.com\sharpmap) to Compact Framework 2.0.

Can we join forces?

It seems to me that having a development team of three, we allready have
a good starting point to set things up on for instance Google Code which
gives us the power of svn, a wiki and a download section.