[OSM-dev] New tool to convert from OSM to SHP

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Wed Mar 12 13:24:55 GMT 2008

I vote for ogr2ogr too! It is a tool i use for every GIS conversion
possible.

OSGeo has officialy been accepted as Google Summer of Code mentoring
organization. They have some ideas regarding GDAL/OGR, one of them being
the read functions for KML.

Perhaps we can join forces to see if a project can be started for OSM
read/write functions in ogr2ogr?

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/2007_SoC_Merged_Ideas