[OSM-dev] New tool to convert from OSM to SHP

Ludwig ludwigbrinckmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:38:07 GMT 2008

I would strongly support the motion to implement this as an ogr2ogr module:
it avoids duplication, is part of a framework, runs everywhere and is widely
distributed and will thus have great potential of widening the user
community of OSM data.
There are modules that translate shapefiles into/from KML and doing a
similar one for OSM XML should be not too difficult.

ogr2ogr will be less work with more impact -- and very welcome indeed.

Ludwig