[OSM-dev] Batch upload dilemma

Ciprian Talaba cipriantalaba at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 06:47:42 GMT 2008

Hi all,

One fleet management company was kindly enough to give us right of usage
to all their track logs, so now I am facing with the problem of using
this HUGE track database (the history from 2007 to now is something like
40GB of data). One way I was thinking of using this information was to
have a daily archive of tracks (all the tracks, from all the cars, from
the previous day) and put them in an archive and upload it to OSM server.
The problem is that OSM server is treating these logs as a single track
and the timestamps from  different cars are mixed, so it is not usable.
The idea now is to upload each file generated daily by a car separated
using a script. I will create a different user for this so I can have my
own tracks separately. Do you have any other idea?

Thanks,
Ciprian