[OSM-dev] Conflict management

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 18:07:28 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Subhodip Biswas
<subhodipbiswas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>  Milo van der linden : its a great idea indeed ...using standard
>  Language notation is good option...but what for language not listed
>  ..any ideas

You can use any 2 or 3 letter language codes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-2_codes

is it not in there?

There's tons of examples of this kind of tagging name:cy, name:fr,
name:en, name:ar, name:zh.

It doesn't really work for conflict areas so well, because when
there's serious dispute people just remove tags or delete and replace
stuff rather than have something which doesn't represent their own
view exist. I think this was already tried in Cyprus without much
effect, I don't know whether things have changed much since then.

Dave