[OSM-dev] [OSM] Informations about osmarender for Google SoC

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 08:09:56 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Martijn Pannevis
<openstreetmap at panman.nl> wrote:
>  However, I do have one question: The current discussion seems to lean
>  towards Osmarender. Personally I'd rather see a Mapnik style editor. I
>  do realize that serving maps with different styles takes computing power
>  on the server end, rather than on the client end, but I do think that a
>  setup where custom maps are generated on a server makes more sense: Also
>  because larger map sets will usually be served from some server,
>  generating them on the server for me makes more sense.

FWIW, the NL tileserver hosts a simple instance allowing people to
customise mapnik rules and see the result. It's not terribly clever
though, it's basically a big edit box. It has however allowed people
to change the stylesheets and see what the result looks like.

I don't have aURL handy, but I'm sure I can find it if you're interested.

Have a nice day,