[OSM-dev] OSMXAPI - Compression?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Mar 27 14:53:23 GMT 2008

In message <8fcd02310803270732g70f21edcuf694bcf1f28f1451 at mail.gmail.com>
        80n80n at gmail.com wrote:

> Once the query has completed the output is streamed directly.
>
> I suppose I could build in an option to compress it first.  I don't know how
> much time it would save, but it would certainly free up a bit of bandwidth.

Given that the server is apache mod_deflate can do all the work for
you given a suitable configuration (and so long as the browser passes
an Accept-Encoding header to indicate it supports compression).

BTW, the xapi responses are coming back with a rather bizarre
content type of "html/xml" at the moment...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/