[OSM-dev] OSMXAPI - Compression?

Raghu Ram raghuram.nadiminti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 05:27:12 GMT 2008

Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_compression
In essence the HTTP client has to send the string

Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

in its headers. And if the server supports one of the encodings it sends the
follwing response in the response headers

Vary: Accept-Encoding

And btw surveys show that gzip performs the best at xml compression. So how
about making the server to use gzip compression