[OSM-dev] Tag Handling in the Database

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 18:05:55 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Gervase Markham <gerv-gmane at gerv.net> wrote:
> Mikel Maron wrote:
>  >
>  > The discussion that followed Gervase's email last week was fascinating,
>  > especially the analysis of the OSM community as a anarcho-collective.
>
>  Believe it or not, I was being ironic when I wrote that.
>
>  Anyone who answers the question "Would you be upset if someone burgled
>  your house?" with "Yes" doesn't actually believe in anarchy. And anyone
>  who answers it with No should please send me their home address.

Unfortunately there are at least two interpretations of what "anarchy"
means. One basically means a complete mess, and the other is more of a
social philosophy where there is no top-down power. When referring to
a social system I would presume you meant the latter where anarchy
does not imply burglary.

You can of course argue all you like about whether the second kind of
anarchy inevitably leads the first kind.
Or whether property /is/ theft in the first place :-)

Dave