[OSM-dev] Odd data in daily diffs (potlatch related?)

Sat Mar 29 14:27:03 GMT 2008

Apologies if this shows up twice, my mail's playing silly buggers.

Jon Burgess wrote:

> Now that I have found the links above I should perhaps add an even
> stricter test to drop everything < 32 except for 9, 10 & 13.

Potlatch's Ye Olde SQL Code for writing ways and POIs automatically
strips anything out like this.

The new relations stuff Does The Right Thing and uses Rails objects,
but the Rails code doesn't automatically strip out <32.

Anyone have any objection if I patch models/relation.rb to do this?
It's pretty easy, just

tag.k=k.gsub(/[\000-\037]/,"")
tag.v=v.gsub(/[\000-\037]/,"")

around http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/rails_port/app/