[OSM-dev] Odd data in daily diffs (potlatch related?)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Mar 29 14:59:36 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Anyone have any objection if I patch models/relation.rb to do this?
> It's pretty easy, just
>
> tag.k=k.gsub(/[\000-\037]/,"")
> tag.v=v.gsub(/[\000-\037]/,"")

Would it not be better to return an error message if someone tries to
upload something with funny characters instead of silently removing
them and telling him everything was ok?

In the example we discussed here, simply removing the ESC characters
would have left you with an empty key. I'm not sure at the moment what
our general position regarding empty keys is but it doesn't sound too
meaningful.

Bye
Frederik