[OSM-dev] mod_tile help

Arindam Ghosh makghosh at gmail.com
Thu May 1 13:16:22 BST 2008

Hi,

I am having a small problem with mod_tile. Having installed it
properly, and providing the values suitable to local environment in
render_config.h, I fired up "renderd". But its' giving following error
messages.

# ./renderd
Rendering daemon
Unable to open font directory: /usr/local/lib64/mapnik/fonts
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mapnik::config_error'
  what():  /home/jburgess/osm/svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik/osm-local-fast-sphere.xml:
cannot open file
Aborted

It seems that somewhere the paths are hardcoded but i can't find in
which config file. Note that presently, mapnik can retrieve data from
the gis postgresql database and generate the tiles anywhere i like
them to on my dev-box. I have installed mapnik by rebuilding the srpm
on Fedora 8. And also i have imported the slovak.osm file only for
test purposes in my gis database using osm2pgsql. I couldn't find
whether "renderd" can take any options since -h/--help doesn't work.

please help :)

-- Arindam