[OSM-dev] mod_tile help

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu May 1 13:25:42 BST 2008

In message <8990327d0805010516k26f8ad21gcda48ff9a5ad2d33 at mail.gmail.com>
        Arindam Ghosh <makghosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> # ./renderd
> Rendering daemon
> Unable to open font directory: /usr/local/lib64/mapnik/fonts
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mapnik::config_error'
>   what():  /home/jburgess/osm/svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik/osm-local-fast-sphere.xml:
> cannot open file
> Aborted
>
> It seems that somewhere the paths are hardcoded but i can't find in
> which config file.

It's at the top of gen_tile.cpp - for some reason that one hasn't
been moved into render_config.h yet.

We know that mod_tile does need a bit of work to make it easier
to configure - currently it's all hard coded as a quick hack job
to get it running on our server.

If you fancy helping to make it easier to configure and use
then I'm sure Jon will be grateful - he has some ideas about
what needs doing I think. In fact they're in the TODO section
on the wiki page:

  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Mod_tile

Tom

--