[OSM-dev] The future of Potlatch

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri May 2 03:43:30 BST 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 03:09:55AM +0100, Yann wrote:
> Well, a couple of questions.
> - Is cloudmade the same company with which SteveC tried to put advertising
> on openstreetmap a year ago, putting it online without asking anybody
> before, arguing it was because of money issue which proved wrong after a
> couple of weeks?

That was Mappam (http://www.mappam.com/), which
http://blog.cloudmade.com/2007/06/29/mappam-launch-location-based-advertising-is-here/
says was launched by ZXV, which (so far as I can tell) is now CloudMade,
since zxv.ltd.uk now redirects to CloudMade.com.

In other words: "Yes.": CloudMade and ZXV are the same thing, and ZXV
launched Mappam.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt