[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - same story

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun May 4 21:27:42 BST 2008

In message <20080504171038.GA26105 at jafshome.irule.be>
          bvh <bvh-osm at irule.be> wrote:

> OK, it seems yesterday a page went live on the wiki with a proposal
> for the 0.6 api. It is advertised as going live half may and
> seems to propose significant changesi with the disregard for the
> needs for non-JOSM api users (potlatch is mentioned, for a change).
> This time around the process leading up to 0.6 is even less open as
> 0.5 with exactly _0_ discussion on dev (why am I even subscribed here?)
> In fact if I didn't login on irc per change tonight, I might not have
> known about this at all.

We only decided to rev the API at the hack weekend yesterday.

I would say that mid may is a little optimistic anyway... I need to
review what has been done this weekend before I can start planning an
actual deployment for the new code.

The actual changes that a client will need to make are fairly minimal
really, but please do ask if you have any queries.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/