[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - same story

Mon May 5 10:12:30 BST 2008

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> The major progress this weekend was finally getting the node tags into
> a seperate table (no more whacked escaping rules) and enabling of
> transactions (no more partial updates). Can't wait till they get
> deployed.

Care to expand a little on the specific changes or is it all documented
in the 0.6 protocol proposal?

Is there a writeup on the hackathon weekend somewhere? Was it cool? /me
goes checking the planet.

I agree that going forward is the right thing to do, but I also agree
with bvh that the announcement was made a bit clumsy in that it would
have been nice to mail a list of proposed changes to dev, rather than
put up a wiki page, stating that the API will be changed in 10 days.

The API is the true face of OSM (the maps are just nice wallpaper :-))
and therefore changes to it should be made public and suggestions for
changes should be subject to discussion...

Spaetz