[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - same story

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Mon May 5 08:46:00 BST 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 10:49:37AM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> The hackathon has been in the wiki for a while now. We had the major
> potlatch/JOSM/API coders all there. It's all change monitoring and

And this is exactly my point : I am using the API in Merkaartor
probably just as much as JOSM. Sure, it has no way near the impact of
JOSM or potlatch. But really, would a few mails on dev@ hurt really
that much to help api writers who are not 'major'?

In fact, if OSM as a project is interested in attracting novel
ways of interacting with the API (still the goal, yes?) it should
focus on making the project accessible for the _minor_ coders
rather than for the established coders who are less likely to do
groundbreaking stuff.

As a practical sidenote : am I the only has problems with keeping track
of wiki-only announcements?

> The major progress this weekend was finally getting the node tags into
> a seperate table (no more whacked escaping rules) and enabling of
> transactions (no more partial updates). Can't wait till they get
> deployed.

Good, can't wait to read about it on dev@ or opengeodata.org/feed.

cu bart