[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - same story

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon May 5 13:05:15 BST 2008

In message <481EF29D.9080106 at bretth.com>
          Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:

> I suspect there will be a significant database schema update to go along
> with this.  Moving node tags into their own table is a decent change in
> itself.  I couldn't see anything on the new 0.6 API page describing any
> of this.

Moving the node tags is something we've wanted to do for a while (and
which Nick Black had started work on before) and we decided that if we
were going to do database maintenance we should do everything that was
outstanding in one go.

It's quite possible that the wiki page is not complete yet - I haven't
actually had a chance to look at it at all. I'm sure all the details will
appear in due course.

> My main interest is from an osmosis perspective which is under the
> "further, less important stuff" heading.  Perhaps it's not a priority
> now, but I'd hope we can continue to have daily, hourly and minute
> changesets running at the point of cutover.  If the aim is to deploy
> over the next few weeks this might be a problem, my time is fairly
> limited at the moment.

As things stand I would guess that the first weekend in June is the
earliest date the change will happen.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)