[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - one more time

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon May 5 13:44:02 BST 2008

Some of you may have noticed that the todo list on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_Protocol_Version_0.6
included a line:

"Discuss impact of proposed changes on dev mailing list"

And it said that for a while. Since the page was somewhat light on
details  I've gone and fleshed it out quite a bit. It contains
everything I can remember that was on the whiteboard, but perhaps
other people there can rememeber something I left out. I've also tried
to put motivations where I think they are relevent.

I for one am pretty happy with all these changes, they represent a
great step forward for the project and will open up many interesting
possibilites for the future.

Go forth and discuss!

Have a nice day,