[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - one more time

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Mon May 5 12:27:55 BST 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 02:44:02PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Some of you may have noticed that the todo list on
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_Protocol_Version_0.6
> included a line:
>
> "Discuss impact of proposed changes on dev mailing list"
>
> And it said that for a while. Since the page was somewhat light on

Sorry?

It said that since _yesterday_ evening and ONLY BECAUSE I ADDED IT
THERE.

Honestly, if it wasn't for me raising all this ruckus, I seriously
doubt we would see

- discussion on the dev mailing list
- you hastely fleshing out details of what was said on wiki
- any serious thought at all about gracefull transitioning from
one API to another (which btw is not only about developers,
I know for a fact that I will have to mail at least 3 or 4 mappers
to upgrade their editor)

cu bart