[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - one more time

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Mon May 5 14:33:39 BST 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 02:08:48PM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Do you have some sort of persecution complex? Do you really
> think we're all out to get you or something?

In fact no. I just want OSM to improve and point to areas where
it is missing opportunities to improve.
Maybe I worded things a little sharp but hopefully
my suspicion of lacking communication skills is just as
misguided as your suspicions re my mental sanity.

>From my POV, here is how the process can be improved concretly

- don't hold low-key meetings. Sure, invite only a few key
driving people to improve efficiency but communicate about it
openly. I'd go even as far as saying the more intimate you
make the meeting, to more public you should be about it.
- take notes as you go and publish them as widely as possible
- announce important stuff (for developers) on the dev mailing list
as early as possible (certainly before linking them on the wiki)
- think twice before casually setting a date on changes
that will break current setup for everyone
- use the wiki as a reservoir of information, not as a notification
board

cu bart