[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - one more time

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon May 5 14:08:48 BST 2008

In message <20080505112755.GA8860 at jafshome.irule.be>
          bvh <bvh-osm at irule.be> wrote:

> Honestly, if it wasn't for me raising all this ruckus, I seriously
> doubt we would see
>
> - discussion on the dev mailing list
> - you hastely fleshing out details of what was said on wiki
> - any serious thought at all about gracefull transitioning from
> one API to another (which btw is not only about developers,
> I know for a fact that I will have to mail at least 3 or 4 mappers
> to upgrade their editor)

Oh don't talk such complete bollocks.

Of course we would have given thought to the best way to
publicise and manage the transition. That's exactly why it
won't be happening in ten days, because even if the code
was ready that isn't enough time to manage the transition
properly.

Do you have some sort of persecution complex? Do you really
think we're all out to get you or something?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/