[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - one more time

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:58:34 BST 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:33 PM, bvh <bvh-osm at irule.be> wrote:
>  From my POV, here is how the process can be improved concretly
>
>  - take notes as you go and publish them as widely as possible
>  - announce important stuff (for developers) on the dev mailing list
>  as early as possible (certainly before linking them on the wiki)
>  - use the wiki as a reservoir of information, not as a notification
>  board

These are mutually inconsistant.
- We did take notes and we did use the wiki as a repository. We hadn't
even gotten round to the notification part because the hackathon was
less than a day old before somebody noticed.
- On the otherhand you want stuff emailed before we put it on the
wiki. Considering what was on the wiki was a brain dump more than
anything else, I don't think an email would have been any more
coherent.

I don't know about other people there but I barely read/wrote email
that weekend and it wasn't over before I had to go and catch my
flight.

By your argument it would have been better to have created the wiki
page but not linked it from anywhere. Is that really what you want?

Have a nice day,