[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - one more time

Tue May 6 11:06:56 BST 2008

SteveC wrote:

> [...]
> well thats the point, you're going to reimplement everything in an
> unmaintainable way in the RichardAPI

I'm not going to get into the whole unmaintainable thing all over
again because we'll end up lobbing bricks at each other, but the good
thing is that there's barely any "reimplementing" required, because
Potlatch already does all this (e.g. putway/deleteway have always
compared against the latest version in the db, not against the
previous download). Maybe changing about three lines of code, plus
(obviously) calling whatever magic method now exists to start a new
changeset.

> . [...]
>> Well, ideally it'd be good to add
>>
>> PUT /api/0.6/way/123456/full
>> to do the same thing as Potlatch's 'putway' call, and then migrate the
>> latter to use the same methods.
>
> oh I thought I did that

No, but I'm not going to stop you!

cheers