[OSM-dev] Online/offline slippy map finished.

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Fri May 9 12:47:51 BST 2008

Great idea - this could be really useful.

I get lots of errors running on OS X 10.5.2 though:

Exception happened during processing of request from ('127.0.0.1', 63833)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/SocketServer.py",
line 222, in handle_request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/SocketServer.py",
line 241, in process_request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/SocketServer.py",
line 254, in finish_request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/SocketServer.py",
line 522, in __init__
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/BaseHTTPServer.py",
line 316, in handle
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/BaseHTTPServer.py",
line 310, in handle_one_request
  File "./pymap", line 47, in do_GET
    if e.errno == os.errno.ENOENT:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'errno'

$ python --version
Python 2.5

Any ideas?

Cheers,

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:
>> Frustrated by the lack of a nice map viewing tool for my eee pc, I have
>> written my own hack. It's a local OpenLayers installation that is served
>> by a python script (stock python, no additional libs). If the tile does
>> not exist yet, it will be downloaded from the OSM tile server and be
>> stored locally, so those tiles will be available for offline viewing.
>> Tiles will be downloaded and stored in a directory called 'tiles' in the
>> pyweb directory. If anybody finds it useful that is cool, otherwise I
>> have just scratched my itch.
>
> I'll need to check this out - I've found it frustrating trying to demo
> the map even if I'm carrying my laptop around. On the vague chance
> that there's wireless available, all I get is "ooh, that's really
> slow" when it's the crappy wireless that's the problem :-) Simple
> local caching sounds good.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Nick Black