[OSM-dev] 0.6 api - one more time

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sat May 10 23:16:21 BST 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Andreas Putzo <andreas at putzo.net> wrote:
> Sorry for resurrecting this thread but i only noticed it yesterday.
> Following a more stable change process would indeed be great.
> It's not only about users but also about developers who wants to write
> applications that somehow use osm data.

Lets not blow things out of proportion here. This API change require
nothing of users of data, it only affects programs which actually
upload to the server, which is a vanishingly small percentage of the
programs we use. This is nothing like the previous change which pretty
much invalidated half the code in SVN.

If it goes like I hope, it's probable that most people will spend
approximately 20 seconds setting a flag to switch the API version and
then keep working. How much more smooth do you want it?

Have a nice day,