[OSM-dev] JOSM bug on tagging presets

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue May 13 14:11:28 BST 2008

Hi,

    Shaun, your problem is probably something else than what Andy
reported. Yours is just an unexpected way the auto-completion is or
isn't employed. I guess the desired behaviour would be that you can
simply delete the old value and then have normal auto-complete, right?

What Andy reports seems to be a bug in a little-documented extension
I made about one month ago, whereby you can put a special flag into
your own presets file that says "please present the last used value
as a default value in this field". This was intended specifically for
house number/post code tagging. It seems there is a bug in there that
leads to the effects Andy has described, and I'll have to investigate
that.

Bye
Frederik