[OSM-dev] 0.6 API clarifications and corrections

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed May 14 20:30:48 BST 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 07:52:02PM +0200, bvh wrote:
> While implementing the 0.6 api clientside, I found out two areas
> where the wiki documentation of the 0.6 api is not clear or diverges
> from the implemented reality.
>
> - When updating or deleting an object, the wiki
> says you need to include an attribute old_version with the version
> on which you base the changes (opportunistic locking).
> The server however looks for a tag named "version" and not
> "old_version".
>
> I shall change the wiki to reflect this.

Note that this is my particular implementation, which I made without
adequatly consulting the wiki: if there is reason to change this, there
is no reason in particular why it couldn't be changed (it's only a
couple lines of code). However, I like version better than old_version.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta