[OSM-dev] DELETE + body not commonly implemented

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu May 15 06:53:13 BST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> One of the bigger changes in the 0.6 API from an implementation
> perspective for clients may well be the use of a content body on DELETE
> requests. kleptog found that to be the most difficult part of
> implementing the changeset/versioning support for JOSM, I think, and I
> think that a number of libraries may make this more difficult than one
> would first assume, since DELETE+body is rather unusual.

On the JOSM list it was mentioned that this problem vanishes once you
have diff uploads since all the changes fold into one call: PUT /map

> What HTTP libraries are people using to talk to OSM? Do they easily
> support DELETE with content body?

I'd like to know the answer to this. Are there any other libraries
similarly crippled? I know Perl's LWP isn't, but what else?

Have a nice day,