[OSM-dev] 0.6 API clarifications and corrections

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Thu May 15 06:28:29 BST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 08:30:08AM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> So, we specced out what you would need for a changeset download,
> invented old_version and new_version and then used old_version
> everywhere we needed it. If we do it your way then we would get
> old_version and version for the changeset download, right?

Well, see my earlier mail on the subject. I don't think we should
be sending full object definitions as a response to diff uploads.

> You're right. I'm pretty sure it's not what I wrote on the whiteboard,
> but if it says it in the wiki then we do it that way. The bit about
> the changeset_id in the osm tag introduces an asymmetry between what
> you upload and what you save to a file, so I think at least JOSM will
> put it in both places so you can read it back from files saved on
> disk.

Well the changeset_id is certainly bogus when you save it to disk no?
What would you put in it? Scenario : I am somewhere in the woods with
JOSM/merkaartor on a laptop charting new territory without internet.
Now I want to save my work to a file so I can later upload it.
What would we save in the changeset_id?

cu bart