[OSM-dev] 0.6 API clarifications and corrections

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu May 15 11:50:39 BST 2008

Hi,

>> It is also possible to change the same object multiple times
>> within the
>> same changeset, so one single changeset might catapult the object
>> version from 1 to 15.
>
> Is that a design goal? That behavior seems unexpected to me.

An online editor like Potlatch will open a changeset and then let the
user do whatever he wants, including changing an object again and
again and again; since edits are not buffered by the editor but
rather uploaded whenever they happen, it is inevitable to have
multiple changes to the same object within the same changeset.

Bye
Frederik