[OSM-dev] 0.6 API clarifications and corrections

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu May 15 11:58:46 BST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:50:39PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> An online editor like Potlatch will open a changeset and then let the
> user do whatever he wants, including changing an object again and
> again and again; since edits are not buffered by the editor but
> rather uploaded whenever they happen, it is inevitable to have
> multiple changes to the same object within the same changeset.

Sorry, I was confusing 'changeset' and 'diff'.

A single changeset can change an object from version 1->15, but in that
case, each of the changes within that changeset should still be laid out
in the changeset response, right? so one would be the change from 1->2,
2->3, ... 14->15? Or not?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt