[OSM-dev] 0.6 API clarifications and corrections

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Thu May 15 12:02:39 BST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:31:13AM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> It is also possible to change the same object multiple times within the
>> same changeset, so one single changeset might catapult the object
>> version from 1 to 15.
>
> Is that a design goal? That behavior seems unexpected to me.

It's a goal to let it happen, think Potlatch style live editing.

It's also possible for another changeset to edit the object in between
as well, so this probably shouldn't be as transparent as "catapult"
might suggest. The changeset data download will have to take this into
account.

Dave