[OSM-dev] 0.6 API clarifications and corrections

Thu May 15 16:51:52 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> We could do rollback even now without any grouping

(We do!)

> [...]
> This collapsing would have to be implemented in every piece of software
> that deals with changesets, and my hunch is that everybody would
> implement it slightly differently.

Out of interest, why's that a bad thing? We have several editors, for
example: each of them works differently and presents information
differently. Why do we have to have One True Rollback?

I can foresee ways in which different "collapsing" methods could be of
benefit - for example, one rollback tool might want to visualise (via
animation) consecutive edits within a particular changeset to see what
the user was doing.

cheers
Richard