[OSM-dev] diff upload in 0.6

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Mon May 19 11:24:48 BST 2008

So, I am looking at implementing a client diff upload. I have a few questions

* when a diff contains 6 changes and the 3th has a problem (outdated version number),
will change 1 and 2 happen? Will change 4, 5 and 6 happen if they are not problematic?
* must integrity only be satisfied at the end of all the changes or also at each step.
For example a diff that contains two changes : delete node X, update way A to remove
node X. While integrity is satisfied at the end of the complete diff, it is not
after the first delete. Is this allowed?
* depending on the answer of the above questions is it possible to get feedback on
where exactly the diff upload had a problem when there is a 412 error?

cu bart
-